About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Friday, March 03, 2006

When birthdays were fun

Remember when birthdays were fun? You'd wake up in the morning and instantly feel special... you knew right away that It's My Birthday. The only feeling that has ever come close to that was the feeling I got when I'd wake up on Field Trip Day. I even remember trying to go to sleep in my clothes the night before Field Trip one year, so I'd be ready to go that much sooner. Somehow, though, my Mom found out--Moms always find stuff out--and made me put on my PJ's. Anyway, this is a picture of me with my girls on Josie's 5th birthday. I barely remember turning five myself. It was so long ago. It's strange, how it used to seem like one year took so very long to get through (until the next birthday), and now, looking back, they've all just kind of run together like a trail of dominos. Not that I'm complaining. I feel very young when I'm around these two. Maybe it's because I use them as an excuse to be goofy. (What was my excuse before they came along?) I'm thrilled that they haven't reached the age yet where I'm an embarrassment to them. I think that time will come too soon. I KNOW I'm not going to stop being goofy by then, if I haven't yet. Posted by Picasa

No comments: