About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Hannah Montana

I've got a million other things I should be doing, and this is actually kind of "old news", but it's still something I want to talk about... I haven't posted for so long!

Okay, Hannah Montana. I absolutely LOVE little Miley Cyrus and her alter-ego, Hannah Montana. I think she's adorable, sweet, wholesome, and the kids just love her. She's very funny and her fellow cast-mates (including her Dad) are great, too. She's obviously very talented, and if you saw her on the Oscars, you know she is very poised as well (she tripped on her dress, but didn't let it fluster her one bit). Pretty good for a 15-year-old.

Here's the thing: She recently went on tour with The Jonas Brothers (little hotties that they are), and her tickets were sold out in a matter of seconds. The tickets were, of course, horrendously priced. I can't imagine how much of the ticket sales she (rather, her Dad, as manager) will actually see. Little girls (and boys) everywhere were crushed not to be able to get tickets to see her. Well, in an effort to soothe these poor losers who missed out, Disney, in their infinite wisdom, released a movie of the concert, including behind-the-scenes stuff and backstage stuff. How fun, right? Super cool, right? No. Y'know why? Because a) the movie was only in theaters for one week. ONE WEEK?!? And b) tickets were $15 in advance (per person), $18 at the door. Come on, people!!! I think it's absolutely disgusting (not to mention degrading) to put such a high price on the little girl and to expect kids and their parents to pay it. And let's be honest, in today's very competitive society, you know there were plenty of people forking over their cash in another attempt to provide their child with everything they wish for while simultaneously securing bragging rights to lord over the other soccer moms. "Well, I know it was pricey, but my little Ashley just LOVES that Hannah Montana and I hate to tell her no. After all, she DID do her homework every day last week... So I took her to see that movie. My daughter is worth it!" Puke! Please! I mean, my kids are worth so very much to me, too, but let's get real. They don't need that!!! Disney is turning Hannah McCyrus into a machine. She's an innocent little girl!

...So far...

Let us not forget that Britney Spears was once a product of Disney.....

No comments: