About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Sunday, June 08, 2008

California, Part 1



We're leaving in two days for California. Can I just tell you how PUMPED I am?!? We haven't been out there for, like, three years. It's been too long. The great news is that we're flying out this time. We'll be staying with John & Katrina (Jim's brother & his wife) and their daughter, Kalista Rae. They've got a beautiful house and a fantastic back yard, with a pool and everything. Totally the California dream home! Still, they come to Nebraska often enough (2-3 times a year) that they've found the best airline to travel and the best deals. We're going via ExpressJet, which does non-stop flights from Omaha to Ontario, CA, and back. Unfortunately, there hasn't been enough business for that airline, so they're disbanding or whatever in August. But our trip is safe. I'm SO glad I don't have to drive through the mountains again. I get positively sick going through them! The combination of the high altitude and the fear of death just gets to me. I'll have no problem flying over those mountains, though.

So Jim and his brother and their Dad (who's flying out separately and flying home on his own) will be going to the US Open, and hopefully they'll get to see all the big names: Tiger, Phil, etc.



My big thing is swimming in the pool in the back yard whenever I want. Plus, we'll make trips to Hollywood, Disneyland and maybe even Newport Beach. (I prefer Venice Beach, but it's not exactly that kid-friendly, y'know?)


Hollywood

Disneyland

Venice Beach

Will hopefully have some pictures of our trip to post upon our return. See y'all later!

No comments: