About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

"These are a few of my favorite things"

-My computer--duh! (Although I'm always wanting to upgrade... I do have a great love affair with my current computer--and now that I've got a new & improved printer, things are nearly perfect!)
-Chocolate filled Oreos
-Diet Coke
-A brand new toothbrush
-Eye drops (my contacts make my eyes feel dry sometimes)
-Naps!
-80's music
-Fun make-up shopping with a girlfriend (my friend JB and I used to do this every now and then, and I miss it!)
-Jim
-Lindsay
-Josie
-Donovan
-Being involved in Brownies again
-Ice cream!
-Sweating from a good workout
-Achy muscles from a good workout
-New car smell
-Red Vines licorice
-Chipotle's veggie fajita burrito
-Songs that make me think of my childhood (e.g. "Wild Night" by Van Morrison, "My Girl" by The Temptations, "Help!" by the Beatles, "Mockingbird" by James Taylor and Carly Simon, etc.)
-Making someone laugh (on purpose is best, but if I can by just being my goofy self, that's fine,too)
-My big brother's smile
-Cinnamon imperials (Red Hots)
-Sleeping in
-Christmas morning
-Going to Church on Easter Sunday
-Coloring a fresh page in a coloring book
-Dancing

No comments: