About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas is a week and a half away...

...and I think I'm nearly ready. I should really get something for the girls' piano teacher, and I haven't even STARTED wrapping presents yet... but I think we're close to being ready. The biggest dilemma, to my mind, has been what to do with the presents. Typically, I'll wrap a few at a time and place them under the tree immediately. Of course, Santa leaves his presents--unwrapped--under the tree while we sleep on Christmas Eve. The thing that makes this year different is the fact that we have Bubba, our new Bichon Frise puppy. He's definitely a well-behaved puppy, and compared to our old dog (Phoebe), he's not as destructive even when he does get into stuff. But still, I hate wrapping presents twice. I enjoy it the first time around, but the second time I have to wrap a present, there's quite a bit of grumbling. (Good natured, I'm sure, ha! ha!) Jim and Lindsay think Bubba will behave and leave the presents alone. I guess the best way to find out is to just put a few out at a time and see what happens. Wish me luck!

No comments: