About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Thursday, September 07, 2006

I LOVE Fall!!!

I've got an apple crisp in the oven (I'm so excited--it's my first time making one, hope it turns out!). The Huskers won their first game. It's been so cool out the past few days, we've gone without Air Conditioning and haven't needed heat. School is in session and the girls are just loving it. We're starting to discuss ideas for Halloween costumes (and I'm already starting to think longingly about miniature candy bars). This is my absolute favorite time of year!!! When the leaves start changing and then falling, and you walk to school (okay, walk your kids to school), you can shuffle your feet through the leaves on the sidewalk. There's a smell in the air of grass and leaves drying up and dying, sometimes you can smell people burning leaves or other woody debris or maybe someone's got their fireplace lit already. Oooh! I LOVE having a fireplace! And I always think of the smell of pencil sharpener shavings and school supplies--brand new Crayons, fresh notebooks, crisp new #2 pencils with no teethmarks! Then there's the food! (Have I mentioned the apple crisp and the Halloween candy?) Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, because of all the good foods and the fact that we're all getting together simply to eat! I'm so happy! The girls are happy! Jim is happy! Hooray for Fall!!!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Fall is by far my favorite season. I really missed it when we lived in San Antonio. It did not exist. I remember one Halloween that was 90 degrees. Ryan was so hot and sweaty in his Buzz Lightyear costume. Can't wait to see you all!