About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

It's a boy!

We found out last week that we're having a boy! Jim and the girls and I all went in and saw the ultrasound together, and let me tell you, it truly was like watching a movie! He wasn't just lying there passively, like both girls did on their ultrasounds. He was movin' and a-shakin'! It even looked like he waved at us one time. It was so much fun watching him--and tonight, he's just as active. I swear, he's got the Boogie Fever in there!
I'm 22 weeks along, now. Of course, that's according to my midwife. If you go by what the ultrasound tech said, I'd be 23 weeks along. I can expect to have my baby anytime after Christmas. Now, I'd like to do it either on New Year's Eve, for Jim (he'd relish the tax break more than I would) or on New Year's Day, for myself (for one thing, if it was the first baby of the year, I'd get free stuff! and for another thing, New Year's Day is a Monday, and I just want to have a straight set of weekdays in the hospital... so nice!). However, everyone is telling me that NO DOCTOR will do a voluntary C-Section (which I'll be having) on a holiday! Fooey! So I've got to pick a day between December 26th and January 7th (my official due date). I do want to stear clear of January 5th, though, since that's Lindsay's birthday. Hmmmm...
We're so excited that it's a boy! I think maybe Lindsay was a bit disappointed for a moment or two, but she's come around. Jim's gotta be the most excited one of all. I mean, now we'll have a little boy to carry on the family name. (Not like he's the heir to the throne or anything, but I think it still means something.) I just hope he and I continue to grow healthy and strong as the next few months wear on. Will do my best to keep you all updated on MR. Lump! :)

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Oh wow! You will love having a boy. They are soooooo much fun! See you soon.