About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Gingerbread Houses Part 2





After all the houses were done, they were added to the 'residential' portion of the 'town' that the kids (and their families) had already made. Josie's contribution was the Vet's office (see the red building with the chimney in the first picture). Some of these buildings had just a ton of detail. It was fun to hear a few of the other moms talking about how hard they'd worked on their projects with their kids--knowing how hard our family had worked on ours, too. Jim's favorite thing was how the little airplanes the kids created got to use the regular street as their landing strip! A few days later, Josie and I watched a Gingerbread House Making Contest on the Food Network, and I noticed that she could totally relate to the pressure and stress these people were under to get their houses to look just right and to stay together without slipping apart or having pieces fall off. Wouldn't it be cool if we had a pastry chef on our hands? (Previous to that contest, she and I watched Emeril, and she said, "It's like he's doing magic with food!" I couldn't agree more! BAM!)

3 comments:

Bridget said...

They are sooo cute! What a creative teacher!

trayceetee said...

Yeah, I was impressed with how much the teacher could get done in a 1/2 day class. We not only made those houses and airplanes or cars, but I also took pictures of each student with their house. They still had time for music class and recess and probably one other quick thing (I'd left at recess time). She ROCKS!

Bridget said...

Hope you all are having a Merry Christmas! Can't wait until the 28th (or sooner)! He will be such a cute baby! Lots of love!