About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I think I was off on my math the other day.... I said I had 28 days left, but it was actually 27. Well, now, as of today, we've got 23 days left until the little guy joins his family! I'm so ready. I've got my Christmas Cards out, I have one or two more Christmas gifts to obtain, the house is all decorated, and I've got my ideas ready for the Progressive Dinner we'll do with Jim's family on Christmas Day. (I get to do desserts, and I'm planning on a Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake, a turtle cake, some cookies, and maybe another item.) Plus, we'll have chili and homemade cinnamon rolls with my folks on Christmas Eve.
This weekend, we've got the USAF concert to go to in Omaha. This is our third or fourth year going, and it's always a real treat. Last year, Lindsay and Josie got to get up on stage while Mrs. Claus read a story--Josie even got to sit on Santa's lap!!! Unfortunately, we forgot to take our camera. We'll have it with us this year, for sure!

No comments: