About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Friday, February 16, 2007

100 Things About My Husband

I got this idea from Jeana, who borrowed it from someone else. Mine is a belated Valentine's Day gift, but I don't think he'll mind, will you Jim?

100 Things About Jim

1. He's even hotter today than he was when I met him, eleven years ago.
2. He's very funny.
3. He's affectionate--I love holding hands with him, he hugs me all the time, etc.
4. He "gets" me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. I "get" him!!!!!
6. He is a wonderful father.
7. He's very sexy.
8. He has great values.
9. He has an awesome work ethic.
10. He is a wonderful provider.
11. He is wise with money.
12. He also knows how to cut loose and buy something silly now and then.
13. He is very smart.
14. He's well read.
15. He's traveled to lots of different places.
16. He doesn't have any unhealthy habits (like drinking to excess, smoking, shooting up herroine, snorting ants, etc.).
17. His obsession with the Nebraska Cornhuskers has apparently abated some over time.
18. He gets along with everyone.
19. He sees the best in people.
20. Jim makes me want to be a better person.
21. He brought me back to my Faith (Roman Catholic).
22. He has a lovely singing voice.
23. He sings ALL the time!
24. Jim is always willing to help someone in need.
25. His family is fantastic.
26. He is a great writer, though he rarely shows off his skills in this area.
27. He always finds the most delicate, thoughtful way of presenting someone with criticism.
28. He is his own worst critic.
29. He knows when not to speak, when ANYTHING he could say would be the wrong thing.
30. Jim can always come up with something fun to do.
31. He's not the kind of man who won't change diapers.
32. He does a pretty mean ponytail on his daughters when his wife is sick or otherwise unable to do their hair!
33. He volunteers.
34. He's got a very loud voice--comes in great when you need a "Go Big Red!" cheer.
35. He can be very quiet when he needs to be.
36. Jim always seems to understand just what bothers me when someone else has hurt my feelings--he knows just what to say to make me feel at least a little bit better.

37. He makes me feel beautiful, even when I know I can't possibly be (e.g. first thing in the morning with bed-head, smeared make-up and dragon-breath, etc.).
38. He never complains about doing "man things" around the house, like shoveling, mowing the lawn, grilling meat stuff, etc.
39. He doesn't miss a beat when I need him to do what might traditionally be considered "woman things" like cooking a non-grilled meal, getting the groceries, etc.
40. He's actually way better at cleaning the house and doing laundry than I am.
41. He can watch six different shows on TV at the same time, all while getting the laundry folded!
42. He's the master of the "clicker"... I barely know what to do with a regular remote control.
42. When we first started dating, I wouldn't let him drive my brand-new car, nor would I let him touch the buttons on my radio--he respected that (or at least, he let me get away with it for a while).
43. He is totally cool about "letting me" go out with girlfriends now and then--he encourages it, knowing I need that time away.
44. When I was working part-time in the evenings and on weekends, he was always taking the girls out to see a movie, to the zoo or swimming, or at least to the park.
45. He can't stand being cooped up in the house even for one day.
46. He always notices--and compliments me--when I color my hair or get it cut.
47. He brings me flowers now and then, for no reason at all.
48. He knows my favorite flowers are daisies.
49. He also knows that sometimes roses are called for.
50. He thinks the sun rises and sets on his daughters.
51. He is going to be completely fabulous with his new son.
52. He rarely complains, about anything at all!
53. He will eat anything I make, even if I myself think it sucks.
54. Jim is awesome about getting up with me in the middle of the night when the baby wakes up, so he can change the diaper and all I have to do is sit down and get ready to nurse.
55. He did this with our girls, too.
56. He wants what is best for his children.
57. He wants what is best for me.
58. He will do whatever he can to make us happy.
59. He often doesn't realize just his presence is what makes us happy.
60. He smells terrific without ever wearing cologne.
61. He's completely irresistable when he IS wearing cologne.
62. Jim dresses very nicely, even on Casual Fridays.
63. He is an absolute goof.
64. Everyone wants to hang out with Jim because of that.
65. He knows all kinds of sports stuff, but he respects that I don't get it.
66. He is very patient in teaching me the basics, and he commends me when I remember something much later.
67. He doesn't mind when I go to football games with him (or basketball games or baseball games, etc.) and make goofy comments.
68. He has terrific friends.
69. Jim plays a mean pitch game.
70. I am not so good at pitch--always forget the rules, too shy to bid, etc.--and he's very encouraging when I try it.
71. He makes it a priority for me to stay home with our kids.
72. He does a pretty good job with home repairs.
73. He gets a "high talker" voice during the process of these repairs.
74. He always gets the job done.
75. He knows when he might be in over his head and needs to call in a professional.
76. He is not foul mouthed (except when doing those home repairs).
77. He is very patient with our children.
78. Jim understands when I call him at work sometimes, on the verge of tears (for reasons I can't explain) and tell him I just needed to hear his voice.
79. He never seems too busy to talk to me, though I know he may be.
80. He loves to receive phone calls or messages from his daughters.
81. He does everything he can to encourage them to be the best they can be.
82. He recognizes that simply being pretty isn't enough for a girl in this day and age.
83. He is proud that his daughters aren't just pretty, but they're also bright, funny, kind, etc.
84. I think they get those things (including their good looks) from him.
85. Jim overlooked the fact that I smoked, when we first started dating. He didn't want to date a smoker, but lucky for me, it was something he accepted. I quit on my own, with absolutely no pushing from him. (It was the thought of having children with him that made me want to be healthy and strong and stick around to enjoy them with him.)
86. He doesn't make me feel bad when I "sneak" a smoke in social situations now and then.
87. He never makes me feel like I need to lie about that.
88. When I have had too much to drink, if I act in a way that would be embarrassing to most, he says I never embarrass him.
89. He thanks me over and over again when I "let him" go out with his friends, especially if HE has a little too much to drink.
90. He enjoys making chocolate chip cookies from scratch.
91. He made a totally rockin' turtle cheesecake this past Christmas!
92. Jim used to ask me, early on, if I was "almost ready" when I'd be in the bathroom getting ready... he finally realized this didn't make me move any faster and has stopped asking.
93. I think I try to move faster in the bathroom out of appreciation for that.
94. Jim gives great backrubs or footrubs, often without my asking for them.
95. He likes the way I scratch his back.
96. He always offers to eat the burnt grilled cheese sandwich (there's one every time, I can't help it!), and he says he LIKES them that way.
97. Jim sticks up for me to the kids, like when I make food they don't want to eat (which is 90% of the time).
98. He enjoys doing puzzles, playing games with me, sitting around watching movies, etc.
99. He has a kind heart.
100. He has a wife who loves him completely!!!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

So sweet! Jim is a great guy and lucky to have someone like you!