About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Friday, March 02, 2007

Dress Up

A few days ago, the girls were playing dress up and giving Daddy a "fashion show". They'd take turns parading from their bedroom down the hallway to the living room, where Jim was sitting. They were both strutting and flouncing along the way they imagine models do. Each time back in their bedrooms, they'd add or change something minor about their outfits, so they could keep the show going smoothly.

Well, at one point, Josie decided to get into the drama of the whole thing. She said to Lindsay, "Pretend that you said, 'Why do people always say "We love Josie!" and why do they always take YOUR picture?'"
Obliging, Lindsay said, "Why do people always say, 'We love Josie!' and why do they always take YOUR picture?"
Josie replied, "Because YOU'RE so bossy and mean."
At this point, I called Lindsay into the room where I was, and I told her to tell Josie it was because she is a diva.
Lindsay said to Josie, "I'm not bossy and mean. I'm a DIVA!"
Josie didn't know what to say to that. She came to me and asked me what a diva is. I kind of explained it to her, and I said that all models are divas.
Josie replied, "Well, I'M not a diva. I'm a sweet and cute, considerate angel."
I sort of snorted, trying to hold back my laughter, at which point Josie put her hands on her hips and said, "Well, I AM!!!"

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh my gosh! That is too funny! I can just hear their little voices and see their cute faces. I miss you all!

trayceetee said...

We miss you too! Hope we can hook up sometime soon!