About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Playing catch-up!

I am SO far behind on my blogging, it's not even funny. I'm going to make an attempt to get everything into one blog. (Just a few things I've been wanting to put in here, that is.) And then I'll do another one tomorrow or sometime soon with more current stuff.


First is Bunko. (I really prefer to spell it B-U-N-C-O, but everyone else I know writes it B-U-N-K-O, so I'm going for consistency.... not like it matters.) I absolutely LOVE playing Bunko. I may have mentioned that in a previous blog entry--not sure. The time before last (this would have been the April game), our hostess decided to go with a Luau theme. It was such a riot! She was brilliant about it, too, because she even took pictures. I was especially excited, because I got my sister-in-law, Anne, to come join me as a sub, and she even won a little $$$ that night!!! We had such a great time!

Anita after getting BUNKO!


The money coral.


Here I am with my winning BUNKO.



Vicki's hula dance. (Are those coconuts a bra? Or shoulder pads?)



Trish doing the hula. (Notice how well the coconuts fit her!)


The following month, May, I got two BUNKO's in a row, followed immediately by a Baby BUNKO. I was so pumped, I about jumped off my chair! Can't wait to roll 'em again!!!

The other thing I wanted to mention was Lindsay's Brownie Tea Party. Her Brownie Leaders, bless their hearts, came up with the coolest activities for their troop this year. I should know--I was a troop leader last year! It's tough, not just spending an hour and a half with 11 or so screaming, giggling girls, but also coming up with new and exciting ways to entertain them while earning Try-It patches. Anyway, to celebrate their great year and to hold an awards ceremony, Marcy and Karla (the leaders) came up with the idea of an old fashioned Tea Party. Mothers and grandmothers of the Brownies were invited. Both my Mom and Jim's Mom came, which was so nice. A few of us wore hats, and we were all dressed up prettily. I even saw one woman wearing gloves. (Die hard Tea Partier!!!) At the Tea Party, we all got to do a craft, along with chatting it up with our table-mates, taking a few pictures, and watching the awards ceremony. I think both of Lindsay's grandmothers enjoyed themselves--I surely did!

Isn't she lovely?


Donna, Tracy, Lindsay, and Kay.

We had a great Mother-Daughter day! Thanks, Lindsay!

5 comments:

Bridget said...

So many things to say...
1. I have that same dress you were wearing at the tea party. Don't you love it! I find it soooo comfy.

2. I played Bunko for the 1st time Monday night. Loved it!!

3. So glad your mom was able to come to the tea. Very special.

4. Thanks for thinking of me. I miss you and will talk to you soon.

trayceetee said...

Yes, I LOVE the dress and I think it's cool we both have it!
Glad you loved Bunko--I totally envision you playing it--were you a sub or did you permanently join a group?
xoxo
t

Anonymous said...

Wow! You wild and crazy Bunco ladies sure know how to party!

I can't believe how much little Lindsay has grown up! :-)

Cheers!

Bridget said...

Some friends and I just started up a group. We have only met once, but it was fun. A lot of us didn't know each other, but everyone seemed nice, so it should be fun. It is at my house next, so I will let you know how it goes.

sue p. said...

Hey - good to hear from you again. Loved the tea party idea. I was Camp Fire leader for Bridget and Shannon and I know what you mean about putting hours into it - So the tea party idea was great. Glad both Grandmas could come too. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow in Columbus when we start to "pack" my Mom up. Gotta run.
Aunt Sue