About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Perfume

I just HAVE to post something about perfumes. My very dear friend, Jodi, makes her own perfumes and has started selling them. Actually, she's been selling them for a while. She made one for me, gosh, almost two years ago now, when she was first starting out. She just gave me one of those little sample tubes (like you can get at Dillards or Younkers, etc.). I used it once in a while, then I forgot about it. I found it again about six months ago, rolling around in the back of my drawer. Jim loved it as much as I did. So I ordered some more from Jodi. She made me a nice sized bottle of it, and I just LOVE it!!! It's not something I wear all the time, as I like to savor and enjoy it. (I'm the kind of person who wears a different perfume every day, depending on my mood--only on Fridays do I wear the same thing for sure--and as you know, that would be Patchouli.) But when I do put on my new fragrance from Jodi, I am always surprised by how delightful it is! I wish you would check out her site (click on the picture), as she's got some interesting scents available. Her prices are fantastic, too!

3 comments:

sue p. said...

Sounds yummy! I wanted to ask you about the concerts - my question to you is,,,,do you remember which ones you went to when you were single and those you went to with Jim? Just curious!
Aunt Sue

trayceetee said...

Actually, for the most part, yes, I do remember. I only have gone to a handful with Jim (there were a couple that were after I met Jim, but I went with someone else--those were Crosby, Stills & Nash, White Zombie, and KC & the Sunshine Band). With Jim, it was Steely Dan, Kiss, James Taylor, Hall & Oates/Michael McDonald/AWB, Joan Jett, Pat Benatar. However, we discovered later that we were both at the same U2 concert, before we ever met. And we've seen a number of the same bands, at different times, before we met.....

sue p. said...

Hey - what's going on with you and your family? Am missing your updates. Is all well there?....
Take Care.
Sue