About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Saturday, February 04, 2006

How technology savvy am I, really?

While I try very hard to keep up to date on the latest technology (okay, that's a lie), I'm still a bit confused as to what the exact definition of "blog" is. I mean, why not call it "online journal, accessable to others" or "personal message board" or something like that? I guess I'm just a little unclear as to where the word "blog" came about. It's not a word that was ever used for anything else, then was applied to mean what it means now. Does that make sense? Anyway, I guess I do want to try to keep abreast of most new technology, although it's very hard, being a stay-at-home Mom. I mean, there's no real need for me to rush right out and get the latest Blackberry. (And why do they call it that? I prefer cherries, or even strawberries... If I got one of those, couldn't I choose the flavor myself?) I recently got myself a PDA (still not sure what those letters stand for--I always used them as Public Display of Affection!), though the one I got is so cheap, I rarely even use it. Believe me, despite being a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom), I do have a lot of different things on my schedule to keep track of! There's volunteering at school, Brownie meetings (I'm co-leader of my 7-year-old's troop), babysitting at Jazzercise (it used to get me free classes, but now they're 1/2 price, which is still a good deal), plus my work on the Art Show committee for my Church, my 7-year-old's CCD classes, homeschooling and occasional play-dates for my 4-year-old... AND, of course, my few weekly shifts at the local grocery store where I cashier. So much to do, so little time to blog. Yikes! Look what I've done... I blogged after all! (It almost sounds like I did something dirty, doesn't it?)

No comments: