About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Sunday, March 18, 2007

My Boy


It's already been several days since I took this picture--you can still see the purple on Donovan's tongue from the Gentian Violet (he and I had to use that to treat thrush)--but I thought I'd post it, since it's the most recent picture I have of him on the computer.

Donovan and I are totally growing used to life together! For such a long time, it was a combination of no sleep, pain from my C-Section (the incision took a little longer than usual to heal), and difficulties with breastfeeding. I loved Donovan instantly, but for a while there, I was not liking the effects of having had him! Does that make sense?

Anyway, now I'm getting more sleep (enough so that I even feel good about getting up early and working out in the morning, usually after his first a.m. feeding), my incision has finally healed up nicely (which also helps motivate me to work out), and the breastfeeding is finally starting to really improve. There's still a bit of pain, as the thrush we dealt with caused some nasty breakdown of tissue for me. (I won't go into detail.) But with meds and patience, it's all getting better. We're doing very well. I'm hoping that my moods have improved, too, and I'm not such a witch anymore. (And that's one thing I'm hoping working out will continue to improve!)

2 comments:

Bridget said...

What a cutie! We just got back from Texas so I am trying to get laundry done, bills paid, etc. It's a little crazy! Hope everyone is doing well!

trayceetee said...

Welcome back--hope you had a great time in Texas. Have fun catching up on daily stuff! :)