About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Another bunch of fun mail!

The other day, this batch of movies came. In case you can't read them all, they're "The Warriors", "Jaws", "My Fair Lady", "Caddyshack", "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory", "Twister", and "Over the Hedge". All but two of these movies are DVD replacements for movies we had on VHS. "The Warriors" and "Over the Hedge" are new to us. I've been a member of Columbia House for years, and have been such a "great customer" that they let me cancel my old membership and start a new one--the point being, I got six movies for $.49 each, no S&H charge, plus one of the first movies to fulfill my requirement was only $9.99. I'm a total bargain shopper! The whole lot of them ended up costing just over $12!!! That's mail I LOVE getting!!!

Here's a book Bridget had said she'd pass on to me. I know I'll see her Saturday when she's in town for the marathon, but I'm thinking she sent it in the mail simply because she's got a great appreciation for fun mail--and I'm still riding off the high I got from the last fun mail she sent me! **First one who posts a comment or e-mails me that they'd like to read it after me, it's yours!**

The book Bridget sent will fit right in with what I've been reading lately. For Christmas, Jim got me a Chick Lit desk calender--it's got excerpts from all these fun chick lit books (an example is the one sampled for today, "What a Girl Wants"). It's one of the best Christmas gifts I have ever gotten! I've been checking a bunch of these books out from the library, though my library doesn't carry them all. The book Bridget sent me isn't one of the books they profile in this calendar, so it's a bonus--plus, it arrived just as I'm about to finish my current book. Thanks, Bridget!!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

sue p. said...

Tracy - I've tried to comment before but something is wrong and I can't. So I'm trying again. Great pics of Terry and you and I love the 1st Communion ones.
Love, Aune Sue

trayceetee said...

Thanks, Aunt Sue! Got this comment. If nothing else, I know you're out there! :)
Hope to see you soon!
Love,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

"Warriors, come to to play-ay!"

(Have you watched it yet? That is one of my all-time favorite movies! Enjoy!)--Jodes

trayceetee said...

No, we haven't watched it yet. We're having problems with our DVD player--it's a cheapo, so no surprise. But still... I think maybe this coming weekend... this past weekend was way busy. It's a good one! I love watching Michael Beck in Warriors, then watching him in Xanadu--he's SUCH a great actor! Tee! Hee!