About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Benefit for Don Sohl

Last night, we were in Norfolk to go to a benefit for Don Sohl. We knew that SmokeRing would be there to perform, and despite the fact that there would be no Hupp representation IN the band, we had to go! We knew we'd be seeing our good friends, Brad & Michelle, and we hoped to see Dave & Joey as well. The bonus was running into several of MY family members! Here's a great picture of me with my cousin, Terry, just before he decided to call my Dad and tell him we were together. (Sounds kind of like something Jim would do!)


Me with my cousin, Terry.


Brad, Dave, Joey and Jim.


Dave, Jim, and Brad.


One of the biggest attractions of the night was Max Carl (formerly Max Gronenthal). He's originally from Nebraska, but he went on to superstardom! (He LOOKS like a superstar, doesn't he?) He played for a while with .38 Special (among other bands) and even wrote and sang their only #1 hit, "Second Chance". He's currently with Grand Funk Railroad, but clearly, he's not above coming back for special occasions in Nebraska.

Max Carl with Brad.



Brad won a bid on a guitar, and he was having several musicians of the night sign it. Here he is, getting Max Carl's autograph.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bridget said...

That picture of you and Terry brought tears to my eyes. What a great guy he is!! It makes me miss Rick. Such an amazing family.

Sounds like you all had a blast!

trayceetee said...

We did--it was a great time.
And I know what you mean--seeing Terry makes me miss Rick, too! I can't even imagine.... did you see, on his collar, that organ donor pin? He's still wearing it regularly. I just wanted to cry when I saw that!

Bridget said...

I did not notice that. What a great guy!