About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Saturday, September 13, 2008

All about me

Okay, so I feel like alot of the time, lately, I listen to what other people are saying about what's going on in their lives, but they assume that I'm the stay-at-home-Mom who just sits back and eats bon-bons while watching soap operas (or even Thomas the Tank) all day long.
This is so NOT TRUE. First of all, I have yet to buy A bon-bon, much less multiple bon-bons. I mean, sure, I eat chocolate, if the OBSESSION strikes, but it's not like I'm lying about on my couch while I do so. (Usually, I'm eating over the sink so there are no chocolate crumbs as evidence of my debauchery.)
But here's how an especially abnormal (but becoming normal) day goes for me... this was yesterday:
7am - Wake up to find Donovan awake and already in the high chair --Daddy got him out of his room, as he was awake and knocking on his bedroom door to be let out. So Jim got him breakfast--thanks, Daddy!
7:30 - make sure the girls are moving, up and eating breakfast, then on to get dressed....
8:00 - I've showered (hopefully) plus taken all my meds and vitamins for the day, and maybe even squeeezed in a small bowl of high-fiber cereal for breakfast!
8:40 - the girls are off to school, walking on their own for the first time this year.
9:30 - I'm catching up on e-mails and trying to pry a mechanical pencil out of Donovan's hand as he thinks it's a pen, so he continues to click! click! click! PBS is on, but he's only mildly interested.
10:10 - I've turned on a Thomas the Tank video for Dono and gotten him settled down with two packages of fruit snacks, so hopefully I can buy myself about 15 minutes of time.....
10:12 - I'm calling the Girl Scout Homestead office, leaving messages about new recruits and setting up dates for our troop to go camping this fall.
10:14 - Calling Dietz to see if they've got the piano lesson books I need for both the girls... they have to get some sent from downtown and will call when they're in.
10:36- Am running with Donovan to the Cathedral Art Show to see Anita and check out the cool exhibits (plus buy the Cathedral Cookbook--original price: $25, final markdown: $10!!!)
11:32- Stop at Chipotle for a quick to-go fajita burrito!
11:48 - Call Chipotle back ("fajita burrito" is missing the "fajita" portion!.... I just got rice, sour cream, cheese, and salsa), as Donovan sits down to the 1st course of his lunch (a string-cheese)
11:50 - Have gotten Dono two pieces of boloney ("b---on--ey!!!"), course #2, and am calling Homestead council again. Found out name of the camp contact.....
12:48 - Call from Dietz, piano music is in
1:30 - Have had lunch, but Donovan is not in the mood for a nap today... his cat-nap as I cruised the Art Show seems to have been enough. I call Camp Catron to set up camp dates.
1:52 - Received call-back from GS Homestead employee--they've got 3 new recruits and will get me more info ASAP.
1:57 - Change poopy.
2:10 - Talk to GS co-leader, she suggests change times at camps (arriving and leaving) plus a few other minor details.
2:18 - Talk to Camp Catron rep, update info.
2:32 - Snack for Dono and Mommy!!!
2:58 - Catch up on e-mails
3:14 - Start a Thomas the Tank video
3:50 - The girls are home!
4:10 - Get the girls a snack
4:30 - Try to get Lindsay to start Homework
4:52 - Start supper
6:01 - Push Lindsay towards Homework again
6:12 - Break up fight between Josie and Donovan
6:34 - Jim is home!
6: 48 - Take off to pick up piano music from Dietz
7:12 - Stop at Target for 3-ring binders and loose-leaf paper, as per instructions from piano teacher
7:40 - Get home to see Jim putting Donovan to bed
8:00 - Check e-mails
8:40 - Get girls ice cream
9:06 - Send girls to bed
10:57 - Wrap up on computer, head for bed
11:48 - Fall asleep!!!

No comments: