About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's OVER... and I'm actually a little sad about it.

After spending the past month planning, sending out eVites and actual postcard invitations, washing the walls (YES--washing the walls--just sweeping away cobwebs wasn't good enough for me, folks!), having the carpets steam-cleaned, and spending a day and a half cooking, I FINALLY had my Southern Living at HOME party, this past Friday. And do you know what? I'm actually kind of sad that it's over.
It's kind of like getting ready for a wedding... (okay, anyone recently married who's reading this will probably want to kick my a**, 'cuz it's not at ALL like getting ready for a wedding!) I mean, you spend all this time (and yes, money too) getting everything to be just perfect, you slave over the invitations and follow up on all the RSVP's. You even pray that everyone will come and yet wonder if you'll have enough space/chairs/food... not to mention figuring out how to deal with this person sitting by that person and keeping the peace. Ha! Ha!

So when the appointed hour finally arrived, I wasn't even nervous. Just excited! I had so much fun, and everyone got along fine. There was more than enough food. There was even plenty of alcohol--and nobody got so wasted that they had to have, as Molly called it, Tipsy Taxi Service.

See how my house was transformed?

Sue and Jenny help "model" some products!


Cori's browsing the catalog, checking out what few items aren't on display.

And when I woke up Saturday morning, I was excited by the prospect of raking in scads of good loot, courtesy of all my fabulous guests... But I was surprised to find that I was also feeling a bit let down.... "It's over already?" I found myself thinking.

This was, by far, the best hostess party I've ever had! I'm getting about $400 worth of stuff for the low, low price of about $115 (not including tax)! Plus, I didn't even have to pay shipping and handling--which saved me at least ten bucks!
I think I've finally overgrown my fear of having people over. I had so much fun getting ready for this event!!!
Check out all the great stuff I'm getting! (One item I wasn't able to copy and paste is the Savannah Beverage Server, but if you check out the 3rd picture from the top, at my party, you'll see it full of Sangria, pieces of fruit floating on top.)


Galveston Two-Tiered Tray--a versatile necessity for entertaining.


Galveston Serving Tray--way cool!


Astoria Flatware Caddy--a SLAH bestseller!

Filigree Iron Candle Stand--one of my favorites!SL Beautiful Containers--to give me ideas on what to do with my new items!


Plus, check out what my Mom's getting me for my birthday in November, and for Christmas! I totally scored!!!

Devonshire Lidded Trifle--another versatile item!
Estate Trivet Trio--these are going on my wall.
Parisian Luminaries--I can't wait to get these!

Okay, so now I feel like I should at least add the two items I got from Jenny's party a month ago... what started this whole thing!

I love making pies & have always wanted a stoneware pie plate (which this is, though it's glazed) - Hospitality Collection Pie Plate, Butter


Estate Collection Canister--this is awesome! I've got Halloween M&M's in it now, will put other candies in it, or candles, or maybe I'll move it to the bathroom and put cotton balls in it, or.... or....

No comments: