About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Monday, August 28, 2006

More about Chicago




The girls were so excited to go to Chicago, but what made it most special for them was that all their cousins on the Tibbels side were going with us! It doesn't matter where we are, if the cousins are together, we're happy! One of my favorite things about our trip to Chicago was the tour-boat trip up and down the Chicago River... we even went out on Lake Michigan for a bit! The tour was very informative, and part of what made it cool was that it was the one thing we all did together as a family in Chicago! We also did a bit of site-seeing on our own, going into the Belmont area, where I hung out a lot during my younger days in Chicago; we also made a visit to the Buckingham Fountain, which is in Grant Park--across the street from our hotel! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Bridget said...

What a great picture of the girls! It looks like they had soo much fun.

trayceetee said...

We all did! Jim and I had been to Chicago together years ago, but it was nice that we were able to take the girls to so many places and still feel safe, y'know? They especially enjoyed riding the El!