About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Monday, November 06, 2006

Pollyanna, Baby, etc.

First, a few words about my last entry. It occurs to me, now, that I ended up not being very "Pollyanna-ish" in that monologue about how negative society has become. So, to take on a Pollyanna note: I'm glad that I'm able to stay home and watch any movie I'd like... including things like "Pollyanna", "The Music Man", the original "Yours, Mine and Ours", and of course, "It's a Wonderful Life." They may not make movies like that anymore, but thank God they're putting them out on DVD!!!

I'm super excited because I just went to visit the OB who's going to do my C-Section. We'd been hoping he would give the OK to do it on December 28th. (Jim wants the tax break, and I want to be in the hospital during Christmas vacation, so the girls don't have to go to school while I'm out.) It turns out the doctor is going to be out of town on the 28th and 29th.... So, he asked how I'd feel about doing it on December 27th (my in-laws' anniversary). I said I thought that'd be great, but I'd been told he didn't do surgeries on any days other than Tuesdays and Thursdays. He said, "Oh, no, I don't mind doing a Wednesday." Great! He called the hospital, got it all set up, and I'm now scheduled for the morning of December 27th!!! I'm supposed to go in at 6am, but we'll probably call right before we leave, to make sure everything's on schedule. I'm getting excited!!! Only seven and a half weeks!!!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Can't wait for all of these babies to be born (yours, Shannon's, and several people in town)! Take care of yourself. It just hit me- you won't be in Columbus for Christmas. Damn!! What am I going to do without you there?!?

trayceetee said...

Tee! Hee! Sorry. Wish we could make it, but I'm just not going to be up to travel. (I'm already to a point where large groups of people really make me claustrophobic, too.)
Miss you!