About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What's new

I went and got my hair cut today. I'm starting to feel, finally, like time is running out before our little boy joins the family! I had cancelled a hair appointment a few weeks ago, because my hair still seemed short enough. Yesterday I realized I needed to get in soon, before the opportunity slipped away from me! Who knows when I'll be able to get in again--I won't be due for another cut for six or seven more weeks... hmmm, that's right about the time our little bundle will be joining us. So I'm probably going to get pretty shaggy!
I'm going in for a massage on Monday. I'm SO excited! My midwife's office offers them for only $25. I asked the receptionist if she'd ever had one (she just had a baby about four months ago), and she said she had and they were fabulous. I asked if they had a table with a hole for my belly, and she said no, that's not actually safe anyway. But she said the massage therapist has special pregnancy pillows that she'll place all around me so I'll feel like I'm lying on my stomach. Honestly, I could just about pay twenty-five bucks just for that! I'm SO tired of lying on my sides all the time. My hips are starting to hurt--I read somewhere that an egg crate mattress will help that, and I know Bridget's got one on her guest bed... VERY comfy, so that might be a purchase here in the next couple of days.
I also need to get Christmas shopping done in the next couple of weeks, so it doesn't sneak up on me when I'm not feeling like going out anymore. PLUS, Lindsay's birthday is the week after Christmas, so for once, I'm going to try to take care of THAT ahead of time as well!
I've been trying to write my novel for NaNoWriMo (see the picture on my profile, check out the website), but it's really slow-going. I sabotage myself, knowing my writing is not nearly as good as I could be doing. I know that the main point made on that website is that you want quantity to start with, not quality. (Goal is: write 50,000 words in the month of November, then go back and edit and touch up, etc., in December and afterwards.) Okay, so part of the problem is that I'm sabotaging myself because I don't feel like the quality is there; but I truly do have difficulty making time for it (e.g. I REALLY needed to do this update on my blog! grin!), so getting any serious writing done is difficult. I'm at least 20,000 behind schedule right now. Yikes! But I need to keep at it. (*Please don't ask me what it's about. IF I ever get it done and presentable, I'll be more than happy to share--hopefully even publish!)
Things I'm really enjoying these days: Pandora Internet Radio--it's free--www.pandora.com; Gene Simmons "Family Jewels" on A&E; MTV's The Duel: The Challenge (Real World/Road Rules boys vs. girls stuff--totally addictive); Still Standing (TV show I can't seem to find on at a regular time right now, but I keep catching back-to-back episodes...); helping the girls count down to Baby (we're at 44 days as of today); the feel of the Baby moving around--like he's got his own swimming pool or something, I swear, he is ACTIVE and doesn't believe in just a gentle kick or nudge here or there!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

I so wish we lived closer to one another. We could watch all of our reality shows together. Gotta love Gene Simmons. So love how his family makes fun of him all the time. :)

trayceetee said...

Me too!!! And he's such a nerd in real life, compared to his alter-ego!