About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Tuesday, November 14, 2006





These are from our trip to one of the nearby Pumpkin Patches... the girls and I went on Halloween Day, since they didn't have school that week. It was SO COLD--I felt terrible, not having put them in their heavy coats. It honestly hadn't been that cold in Lincoln, but this place is just outside of Omaha and it was freezing cold and windy and just plain yucky. But there was no shortage of kids there! And the girls didn't care. There was one section with pirates, and each girl posed in those shackle things--notice how they're each making their naughty, villain faces! All I can say is I'm glad we had two free tickets to get in--I hate to be a poopy-pants consumer, but Vala's Pumpkin Patch is highly overrated: it's too expensive, and you don't even get a free pumpkin with the price of admission or anything. It does cover a huge patch of land, but it seems like you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a snack bar, diner or gift shop! Money is the language they speak there, for sure! The girls didn't enjoy it as much as the nearer Roca Berry Farm, either. Lesson learned--and again, good thing we only had to pay for one of us to get in! Still, cute pictures!!!

No comments: