About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Babymoon

My submission for the Cutest Baby in America Contest.

I've never heard that actual term used before--'babymoon'. But if there is such a thing, Donovan and I are definitely on ours right now. I swear, the kid and I just can't seem to get enough of each other. He totally lights up every time he sees me; and I can be in the absolute worst mood, but when he smiles just for me, everything fades away. Our latest thing is to chat and coo at each other in the middle of feeding. D will eat on off one breast, then he'll kind of take a break before going to the other side. On that break, he looks up at me and just starts flirting! He truly gives me these flirtatious looks--I can't describe it any other way. He and I just sit there and talk to each other for ten or fifteen minutes, giggling and squealing at each other. Of course, I usually take the opportunity to scoop him up even closer to me and start smothering his cheeks and neck with kisses, making big loud smoochy sounds. He just eats that stuff up! He has this one kind of coo that, I swear, sounds like he's saying "I love you!" So, of course, I'm all over it, saying "I love you! I love you!" a million times. I remember my older brother telling me once that I was going to kiss Josie too much, when she was a baby. But she doesn't seem to have suffered from all that loving. I think Donovan will be fine, as well! I hope our Babymoon lasts a long time--I am really digging it!!!
A couple more of the 3-month pictures--I like playing around with them on Picasa!

No comments: