About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Friday, April 13, 2007

Surprise Party

We threw a surprise party last weekend for Jim's Dad. It was his 70th birthday. Boy, was he surprised! I don't think he knew what to say. It was quite touching, watching his reaction--really, all night, he continued to be in a sort of state of shock. I've had a party thrown in my honor before, and it's very humbling to have a large group of people show up just for you. I know he must have been thrilled--any of you who were there that read my blog, thank you SO MUCH for coming!!! The party, itself, was a great success--lots of fun, lots of wonderful comments about Mike, etc. He really has created a legacy, as Anne (his oldest child) said. I'm honored and grateful to be a part of that legacy and to be able to share in a part of his life.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIKE!!!

Mike's older brother, Tom, telling secrets.

Mike's oldest son, John, flew in for the occasion from California with his wife and daughter.

No comments: