About Me

My photo
I grew up in Small Town, Nebraska, feeling sheltered by the 'safety' of it all. When I moved to Big City, Nebraska, I felt like the world was my oyster. However, I soon felt like there was much more for me Out There... I moved to Chicago, thinking I was done with this 'little' state. It took living in a true big city to realize that Lincoln is just an oversized small town... and it's where I belong! I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who understands me and all my oddities. My kids are young enough to still think I'm cool. Beyond that, who cares, right?

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Fun Mail, etc.


I got this fun package in the mail today. My cousin, Bridget, sent it to me "just because". There's a notepad with 'T' (for Tracy) on it, plus some Cabana Girl lip gloss and foot scrub, plus a few Baker's Chocolates--my favorite! The lip gloss sort of leaked a bit on the notepad, which is cool, 'cuz now I'll think of the beach and my fantasy get-away spot every time I use it! Thanks, Bridget! You always post pictures of the fun mail you got, so I had to post a pic of my stuff from you--you're too cool!



I've been messing around with MySpace lately. It's kind of addictive. I'd love to have you check mine out, anyone who's interested. Just be warned, some of my "friends" out there, on their own pages, have what I would consider to be questionable content. The language, subject matter, and even pictures found on some of their pages are definitely not for children's eyes. I don't put any of that stuff on my own page, but I can't control what others are putting on theirs.... and just because they put that stuff out there doesn't mean they're not my friends, y'know? (As a side note: I recently read on a message board somewhere that a mother posted a picture of herself as she was breastfeeding her child--and MySpace removed it! Every time you post a picture, they have this little note that says they don't allow nudity, but that's such a joke! People are constantly posting nude pictures, just with certain areas blocked strategically. Well, I'm sure this woman, if she was breastfeeding, had the most "offensive" part blocked--by her child's mouth. I am totally outraged by this--what's so offensive about a woman sustaining her child's life by utilizing part of her body in the manner meant by God in the first place? Aaargghh!) Anyway, feel free to check out my space. You can just go to MySpace.com and put trayceetee in the search line.

We were in Norfolk for Easter (that Saturday was my father-in-law's surprise party--read below). The girls absolutely love playing dress-up at Grandma's house. She's got, seriously, THE BEST dress-up clothes ever! And any time spent with the cousins is quality time. Kalista Rae was in from California, and she really enjoys being "one of the girls" with her Nebraska pals. Notice how Lindsay is the only one without any kind of head-gear... but her socks more than make up for it!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Love that you posted your good mail. Sorry about the leakage! Hope it was a nice surprise to your day. I will talk to you soon about Lincoln. Have a great day!

trayceetee said...

Don't sweat the leakage--no big deal. Seriously, it didn't hurt the notepad at all, but now it smells lovely!